Temperatures are dropping and soon winter coats and jackets will be a necessity. Here are some tips for caring for your coats and jackets and keeping them looking great:
- Wear a scarf to avoid soiling around the collar area.
- Clean your coat as it becomes soiled – at least once during the season and again before storage.
- Be sure to follow cleaning instructions on the care label and when in doubt consult your Lapels Dry Cleaner.
- Hang your coat on a padded hanger in a well ventilated closet when storing.
- Never store your coat or jacket in a plastic bag. Plastic bags are intended for transportation from your dry cleaner to your home only and not for storage.
- Treat any stains that occur immediately to avoid permanent staining.
- Air dry wet coats and jackets at room temperature.
Remember your coat or jacket is a costly winter garment – treat it right and it will keep you warm and looking great for many seasons.
As always, be sure to check the care label before having any garment cleaned and if necessary, bring it to your neighborhood Lapels Dry Cleaner.
Many Styles and Fabrics
There are endless varieties of coats, jackets and outerwear on the market today and they can be made of almost any fiber, including wool, down, leather, polyester, nylon, cotton, microdenier, silk, GoreTex and more.
The care method for your outerwear will depend on the fiber content. Remember to always check the care label and be aware that care labels are only required for the predominant material in the garment. If your jacket has embellishments or trims made from different materials, they may react differently in the prescribed cleaning process.
Check with your Lapels Cleaners to find the best way to clean your garments.