To our Lapels Dry Cleaning Customers,
Update on the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We at Lapels want to ensure the safety of our team members, customers and the communities we service. Many of our stores will run with reduced hours of operation per our guidance below however we encourage you to speak directly to your store about any store specific changes or visit the website of that store specifically which will have temporary hours listed.
No same-day service at this time. Home / Office Pickup & Delivery is still on the regular schedule at this time.
The risk when transporting and cleaning linen from the general public is considered very small at this point. General standard hygienic procedures we have outlined for our locations are:
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Cough and sneeze in the inside of your elbow.
- Use tissues.
- Routine cleaning of hard surfaces with a disinfectant.
- Availability of hand sanitizers throughout the plant and counter area.
- Drivers should routinely use hand sanitizers and wipe down the steering wheel and other hard surfaces frequently handled.
For our Customers we offer:
- 24hr drop off with our VIP program
- Curbside drop off and pickup by calling ahead
- Free Pick-up and Delivery
- Credit Card payments are also available at all locations
- Household cleaning for your bedspreads, Comforters and blankets
- Wash, Dry & Fold service for your sheets and towels
- For our locations with drive thru’s, we encourage you to use that
Our GreenEarth Cleaning Process:
We have received several inquiries about the effect that GreenEarth Cleaning has on the coronavirus (COVID-19). Here are several facts that address the issue to the extent that it can now be addressed:
Because GreenEarth’s pure D5 dry cleaning fluid has the highest flash point of any of the alternative solvents (170F), the GreenEarth dry cleaning process allows the clothes to be dried at the highest drying temperature, 158F, which is equivalent to 70C.
At this point in time, the specifics of the epidemiology of the COVID-19 have not been identified.
However, the World Health Organization issued its update to its table of Thermal Inactivation of Bacteria, Viruses, and Protozo in January 2015. As you can see, many bacteria, viruses and protozoa are inactivated at 70C or 158F.
Additionally, the amount of inactivation is a logarithmic function of the amount of time the temperature is applied. The standard drying time at 158F in the GreenEarth Cleaning process is more than 30 minutes, enough time to inactivate most of the viruses shown.
Given the information available at this point in time, because GreenEarth dries at the highest temperature for the longest period of time, we believe it is fair for you to make the representation that while we do not know the specific behavior of the COVID-19 virus yet, if it behaves similarly to other viruses that have been tested, the GreenEarth process is the most effective dry cleaning method available to inactivate bacteria and viruses and to potentially inactivate the COVID-19 virus as well.
To sign up for FREE Home / Office Pickup & Delivery, please click here.